2017 Meeting of the International Linear Algebra Society
Hosted by the Department of Mathematics at Iowa State University July 24-28 2017
The theme of the conference is linear algebra and its connections with various other disciplines.
- May 31, 2017 (or until full) - Poster presentation session
- 05/16/2017 - An updated two-page schedule has been posted along with a draft of the scientific portion of the program.
- 05/02/2017 - LAA is pleased to announce a special issue on the occasion of the 21st
Conference of the International Linear Algebra Society (ILAS) at Iowa State University,
Ames, Iowa, USA, July 24-28, 2017: https://ilas2017.math.iastate.edu/. Papers
corresponding to talks given at the conference should be submitted by December 15, 2017 via the Elsevier Editorial System (EES): http://ees.elsevier.com/laa
choosing the special issue SI:ILAS2017 Conference.
Special editors for this ILAS2017 issue are:
- Stefan Güttel
- Leslie Hogben
- Miklós Pálfia, and
- Tatjana Stykel.
- 04/13/2017 - On Monday evening July 24 there will be a poster presentation session as part of the reception. To submit a poster, please an email with "ILAS 2017 poster" in the title to email@example.com. In the email state your name, affiliation, and poster title. No abstract is necessary. Posters will be accepted until May 31 or the poster session is full, whichever comes first.
- 03/13/2017 - The deadline for submission of contributed talks has passed and contributed talks are no longer being accepted. The abstract submission system will be closing soon so it is imperative that all invited speakers in mini-symposia submit their abstracts as soon as possible.
- 03/12/2017 - Draft schedule is now posted
- 03/12/2017 - The Program page has been updated. Titles of plenary talks are listed with links to abstracts. Each mini-symposium has a link to a page with its description, speakers, and their titles.
- 03/02/2017- All abstracts for ILAS 2017 must be submitted through the online submission process described under Submissions https://ilas2017.math.iastate.edu/submissions/ using the Fields Institute. Since some users have experienced difficulty with this process, the submission process will remain open through Friday March 3, but anyone who intends to submit an abstract should do so as soon as possible if it has not already been done. Talks invited by the organizers for a mini-symposium are automatically accepted. On the next business day after an abstract for a contributed talk is submitted, it is reviewed and an email notification is sent by ILAS 2017 organizers (if the talk is accepted).
- 02/19/2017 - Quality Inn and Suites in Ames, IA is a part of the Choice Hotels group. Choice Hotels is having website problems where it sometimes indicates there are no ILAS rooms available during our conference. That is incorrect – there are plenty of rooms available! If you find this is a problem when you try to reserve a room, please call the hotel directly at 515-232-9260. Your call will go straight to their front desk where they will be happy to book a room for you. Tell them you are part of the ILAS group.
- 10/19/2016 - Registration is now open
- 10/19/2016 - Abstract submission for contributed, mini-symposium, and plenary talks is now open
- 10/4/2016 - Invited mini-symposia announced
- 9/23/2016 - Plenary speakers announced
ILAS 2017: Connections encourages graduate and undergraduate students to present a poster or give a talk.
There is no fee for student registration.
We gratefully acknowledge support from the following sponsors: